Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Who I Am - An Intro

I'm a bunch of contradictions and a big ball of worry. But that's not the important part. Here's what you need to know to get where I'm coming from:

I've been married about 6 months to a man I've been with for 3 1/2 years. It's more work than I thought it would be. Getting married meant a lot of upheaval; I moveod from my home in Alabama into his home in Tallahassee, then again when we finally closed on our dream home. We combined two sets of two dogs. We've never lived together before, and as my blog title would suggest, we're still learning how to do it.

I graduated from law school in May, but I haven't passed the bar yet. Right now I'm staying home during the day and taking care of the cleaning while I look for a job. I looooove football; my college teams are Miami and Alabama, and my pro teams are the Redskins and Ravens. My husband, M, is a die-hard FSU fan. Football season gets interesting around here.

I'm very close to my dad. My mother left when I was a baby, but my stepmom has been around and been my mother since I was little. I get along great with my in-laws, which is always nice. We've talked about trying for a baby next summer, in 2010, but we'll see where things are with money and my health.

Ah, my health. I had chronic, intractable migraines, but I've finally found the right drug cocktail. Functioning is nice, no? I have a lot of other, more minor health issues, but I'm doing alright. As I write this, I'm recovering from surgery, for the 5th time in 2 years.

M and I have a lot of bad luck (never go to a restaurant with us; though we're easy to please, something almost always goes wrong), but we love each other. So I'm writing about my experiences as we try to figure it all out, hopefully with a little bit of humor and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment