Sunday, December 20, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 20

  
    
  

 December 20 New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?

Woohoo, a VERY easy one. The best people that came into my life were David and Gina P. I don't know how we would have made the transition from me living in Alabama to this house in Florida without them. We're truly lucky to have become friends with them!

David works with M, I don't actually know how long. I first met him, I think, when we were dropping M's dogs off at their house to stay during the honeymoon. They have 4 dogs of their own and usually have some fosters, so they didn't blink an eye at absorbing two more dogs for a week.

David came to Alabama to help M load up the Uhaul with my stuff. We ended up being there all weekend because we couldn't get the truck completely loaded on Saturday as planned (it's hard to do that in 95 degree weather with craaaazy humidity). So he drove 6 hours on Friday after work, using his car, loaded Saturday and Sunday, then drove 6 hours Sunday. Sunday or Monday night, the boys unloaded the truck into David and Gina's garage. We didn't think the stuff woul dbe there too long...but it ended up being from early August to early October! They never once complained. They took care of my fish. And they offered to take Buck and Judy on until we had a house (M's place was too cramped for 4 dogs) so they wouldnt have to be boarded for an extended period. With their dogs, my dogs, and 2 fosters, they had 8 dogs!


The closest they ever came to complaining was after Judy busted the door to the office during a storm, I think. While there, Judy ran away twice and the dogs locked themselves in the office once. Plus, Judy was having a dominance contest with one of the fosters, causing fights. But they wouldn't let me board Judy.

To top it off, David helped M last weekend to try to finally get him moved out of his apartment.

Yeah, I'd say they qualify as unsung heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment