Friday, December 18, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 18

  
    
  

 December 18 Shop. Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year?

This question tends to imply spending repeatedly at one place to make a large amount, not so much spending a lot at once, which is probably more the case for me. I'd say the house (duh), but none of that actually came out of my pocket. Then I'd say medical bills (I've spent $800 since Aug 15 out of pocket, plus medications), but that's not really shopping. I guess then the bar exam and bar review courses don't really count either.

I guess my final answer is Barnes & Noble. Tuscaloosa finally got one relatively recently, maybe last year? I've bought presents there, and of course, books for myself. Plus my phase of buying every bridal magazine I could get my hands on, even though my wedding was pretty much already planned, just to keep the excitement going. So I've probably spent a pretty good amount there. I much prefer B&N to any other bookstore I've been to. Unfortunately, the only one here in Tally is kinda far from our house, and Borders is muuuuch closer, so I guess books in the future are going to have to come from Borders or the internet. Phooey!

1 comment:

  1. I spent most of my money on our wedding in August, it was a splurge, but well worth the money spent.

    ReplyDelete