Monday, December 7, 2009

Updates

My uncle officially had a massive heart attack. Thank God he's doing better than expected. We don't know what will happen next, with the surgeries he needs but is too weak to have, or when he'll be released. But so far, so good. That's as much as you can as for.


They've built a new wing at the hospital, so my dad and aunt didn't have to go to the same ICU where they essentially lost my grandmother. I also was concerned that this might remind my dad of his father, who had several heart attacks which ultimately killed him. Luckily, that hadn't occurred to my dad. Hopefully I didn't get the idea stuck in his head.

We put up our tree tonight. Well, I did, with M and his mom giving input. It's blue and silver, in homage to my Jewish stepmom, and looks lovely. We managed to get a few shots of Loki in the antlers. In past years I've sent out Christmas cards with Buck in antlers, but he won't play along this year.


M's mom is leaving tomorrow, which is sad. We had a nice little productive day today, running some errands, putting some photos in frames printed off the computer (they look great!) and getting the tree up. I'm feeling a little manic now and thinking off a bunch of thigns I want to do, but I'll be off to bed soon.

M's fishing buddy's family had invited M to go to the Gator Bowl with them, being hardcore FSU fans. As long as M spends the night before with me and doesn't have to shell out a ton of money, I can't really complain. I'll miss him during his brief stay in Jax, but it'll be really nice for him. The game sold out in two hours, so he's lucky. I wish I could go to Pasadena!

I go back to the surgeon tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be all good news. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment