Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 8

 
  
    
  

 

December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

Finally an easy one! My peace, my heaven, comes when I lay in my hammock in the sun, with my babies  running and playing around me, or laying in the sun with me. The sun on my face feels wonderful, and it's always fun to watch my dogs wrestle, or watch them relax in their own little heavenly way. It's a time when I can just let all my stresses go, and be in the moment. Or, contemplate something that's been bothering me in a more distanced way. I'll usually bring out my mp3 player, and maybe a magazine.

A certain amount of sun, of course, is good for mood and health and circadian rhythms. Being in the south, it doesn't take long for laying int he sun to become uncomfortably hot, so I usually dont lay out too long. But while I'm out there, nothing is wrong.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound extremely peacful! Can I come! Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! :)

    ReplyDelete