Thursday, December 10, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 10

  
    
  



December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?
I've picked up several new albums this year, a good chunk of which make for great in-car singing. There's two that stand out for me: Lady Antebellum's self-title disc, and Matt Nathanson.

Lady Antebellum is a new country (popish though) trio. There's song on the disc that make me think of my mother; written for a lover, but the sentiment can be applied to our situation. Most of the CD is perfectly within my vocal range, and a blast to sing. The songs are catchy without lacking substance.

Matt Nathanson is a singer-songwriter with several singles this year. His songs are largely somewhat mellancholy, sometimes cryptic, but the choruses get stuck in my head. Certain songs nearly make me cry. He's a great artist that I'm glad I gave a chance to this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment