Friday, December 4, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 4

  
    
  



December 4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?
Geez Louise, yet another one that I can't immediately answer. Law school kind of got me off reading books for fun; even now, I mostly read magazines. I have an entire shelf of books I haven't read, though I've started quite a few of them. Granted, I read plenty in law school, but I wouldn't call any of those "touching" nor anything I would want to remember.

I'm going to go with a book I got about a man's experience in adopting a special needs dog. The book is buried under who-knows-what at M's old place, so I can't look up the name that I can't remember. I can't even remember all the details; I think the dog was deaf but maybe it was blind. I started the book back in August, then it fell from it's "home" and hasn't been seen in awhile, thus the lapses in detail. At any rate, I'll update this if I ever find it, and tell you what I do remember. It's a sweet story; the dog is adopted from backyard breeders after the writer's long time pet dies. The dog had been pretty unloved up to that point. The highlight so far is when the police end up at the home because the dog's antics, when locked up in a bedroom, made the neighbor's think something awful was going on at the house. When I left off, the author was trying to get his new dog and his roommate's two dogs to give peace a chance. I hope I can find the book soon and get back into reading stories that last moire than a few pages; I've always been an avid reader, and I do miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment