Saturday, December 5, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 5

  
    
  



December 5 Night out. Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?

This might not be most people's idea of a night out, but it was at night, and it was out, so Im sayin it qualifies. I'm going with the Miami-FSU game labor day weekend. My husband, an FSU fan, has had season tickets since I've known him. Up until the Jacksonville State game this year, he'd never won an FSU game I'd gone to with him. And lucky for me, the Miami fan, this night was no different.

We got to the stadium in time for the pregame festivities. I recall someone, seeing us holding hands and wearing shirts of our respective teams, commenting that it was "gross". We met M's fishing buddy and his girlfriend to tailgate a bit, and let him shit talk to me about how we were going to be destroyed. My philosophy is that in rivalry games, and particularly in this rivalry, it's a crapshoot; most years, who wins has nothing to do with who the better team is.

That game was intense and back and forth, lots of cheering and ulcers on both sides. The highlight was the ending, when a game-winning pass was thrown for FSU in the end zone with virtually no time left. The FSU fans went crazy, game looked to be over - teams coming on the field over. But then the officials announced that the previous play was under review. In the biggest letdown-to-thrilled moment I've ever experienced, and perhaps the converse for M, they finally announced that no, the pass hit the ground. Thrilling game, thrilling win...and awesome night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment