Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Friday!

Why is everyone I know tormenting me by having babies? I'm so jealous. It's going to be at least a year before I get to do that myself (that actually having one part...hopefully the trying to have one/sharing the joyous news part will be a little sooner). My hormones are constantly reminding me what they're for, and it's just not fair!

In other news, I've been SuperWife today. I'm proud of myself because I wasn't feeling well yesterday (either a bug, or maybe a weird reaction to my allergy shot...that would be a problem) and so I slept til noon. For only being awake 5 hours and still not feeling peachy, I think I've been pretty damn impressive.

I talked to an important person in one of my Guardian ad Litem cases (I'm a volunteer GAL) and updated my supervisor. I called my dad to check on my uncle while on my way across town to pick up something from the pharmacy. Gave M the info he needs to finally put me on his damn car insurance so we're not paying extra to maintain 2 separate policies for no good reason. Did a lot of dishes, ran the dishwasher twice, have done two loads of laundry so far, picked up a bunch of M's clothes since he rarely puts anything in the hamper, hung up and folded and put away a ridiculous amount of clothing, put together the wine rack, cut a photo of M's grandmother we received from her husband yesterday to size for a frame, and put away/reorganized a lot of dishes. In a little bit, when my energy recovers, I'm going to put up a bunch of frames (we bought a box of ten frames of various sizes at Target last week for ridiculously cheap and I've been printing out and putting in pictures of family) on the wall and try to get M to help me mount a slimline CD player. And I'm going to make dinner.

Not too bad for a few hours of not feeling well, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at you go, girlie! I wish I had a bit of your energy! :) You're such a good wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not energetic - I just get on a roll sometimes :) I try to get stuff done when the motivation hits me because I don't know when itll happen again!

    ReplyDelete