Sunday, December 6, 2009

Best of 09 - Day 6

  
    
  



December 6 Workshop or conference. Was there a conference or workshop you attended that was especially beneficial? Where was it? What did you learn?
Seriously? This is the big birthday question?
Since I didn't attend any such thing, I'll write about what I wish I had attended, at least a little bit.

I do wish M and I had done some sort of couples program before living together - a church couples retreat, a workshop, couples counseling, whatever. There's so many little things that come up that we didn't think to discuss beforehand. Sometimes I feel like we have communication issues, that we don't know how to get our point across without putting the other on the defensive. I wish we'd had the chance to learn some mechanisms to deal better with our disagreements and to more comfortably air our concerns about one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment