Tuesday, December 8, 2009

There is a distinct possibility that I'm a moron...

I was late to my surgeon's appointment, courtesy of a ridiculous parking situation in the garage at the local hospital where her office is. She still saw me quickly. I'm healing alright, but she thinks I'll do better with a vacuum dressing. Literally, I'll walk around with a vacuum on my ass at all times. Mmm....ok....sounds....interesting. I'll get it on tomorrow and hopefully, I'll be healed in a few weeks she says, which is much better than the mid-january timeline I had in my head. So, mixed news, but hopefully this will make life easier.

That's not why I'm an idiot.

After leaving the appointment, I went by the Public 8 miles or so frm our house (evvvverything is 8+ miles away, except Wallyworld, and I wasn't feeling masochistic). I found a chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich (whatever word order you'd like) cake and snatched it up, since they didn't have red velvet and M doesn't like much other cake. Got him a more sentimental b-day card than the one I gave him last night, and some little balloons on sticks that say "I love you" and "happy birthday" because there's was nobody to fill up a dozen orange and green helium balloons for me. By the time I left Publix, the cake was starting to melt. Cue "haha dumbass" in
3
2
1
The frozen cake doesn't fit in my...freezer. We have a side by side, and the freezer side is just too skinny for the cake. Even better, I managed to break two of the "Happy Birthday" candles I got cause 33 just seemed too many to fit on a cake. So it kind of says Happy Biltlday. Oops. So I dumped it in the fridge, hoped for the best, and called M to tell him to haul ass home as soon as possible, thus making him worry. #wifefail
Knowing me well, he eventually figured out that it must be food related, but he was planning on running some errands. Now, this was at 3:30. If he left work on time, he would have been home 20 minutes ago. I'm afraid to go check on the cake, just hope its not too melted. #wifefail

At least we got a $50 gift card from my stepsister to a restaurant, so we can go out tonight, or maybe try a local steakhosue that is running a 2 people for $30 promo, if only M gets home NOW!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, what a day! It's probably too late now, but maybe for next time, could you cut the cake in half and place each half seperately in the freezer. Then when it's time to serve, leave it out a couple of minutes so it softens a little and 'push' it back together to join it again. The softened ice cream should make the join harder to see. Depending on the top of it you could also smooth it over with the back of a warm knife or spoon.
    Hope your dinner was nice! xx B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) The cake kept more or less ok in the fridge until he got home, so no real harm. Then we just went ahead and put it in the fridge at an angle. We ended up just eating leftover baked ziti - it was what he wanted while he tried to fix his computer. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete