Thursday, February 18, 2010

Goodbye, Mary

I wrote a few months ago about my biological mother. After that, we talked a little bit through email, but then my life got complicated, and we didnt talk for a little while. We began talking again a few months ago.

Then came the bombshell.

Yesterday, she died.

We don't know why yet; it may have been a seizure or an overdose. The circumstances are awful. I'm still in shock. I wasn't prepared for this. Then again, how does one ever prepare for this?

My little sister, who has been completely estranged from out mother, is coming from Italy to get closure. I'll meet all the relatives on that side that I never met before, some of whom didnt know we existed. So I guess there's some positive to come out of this.

But mostly, it just hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh girlie, I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking about you guys during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete